Gracious Hospitality Management
Marketing & Communications Manager
Gracious Hospitality Management (GHM) is seeking an experienced, self-motivated, and creative Marketing & Communications Manager who will play a key role in the success of a dynamic department that supports sales and promotes awareness of Gracious Hospitality Management’s various brands and all of its programs and activities.
The Marketing & Communications Manager plays a central role within this fast-paced team by helping with a wide range of projects, campaigns, and initiatives, and by providing day-to-day support for the Vice President of Marketing & Communications. This candidate will also work closely with individuals across the company and many external vendors and partners. Aptitude for project management, organization, clear communication and follow through on tasks in accordance with GHM’s vision and standards is essential.
• Salary range of $85,000 - $100,000 depending on experience
• Comprehensive Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
• Flexible Spending Account/Healthcare Savings Account/Dependent Care Savings Account
• Commuter Benefits
• Paid Vacation and Sick Days
• Dining privileges, discounts and more!
Key Responsibilities (these are not all-inclusive):
• Support the Vice President of Marketing and Communications with day-to-day activities, helping to ensure the brand and messaging are appropriately communicated and represented across all platforms, internally and externally.
• Develop comprehensive marketing plans and timelines around all annual initiatives, holidays, and external events; liaise with internal departments on operational functions and ensure clear communications so that teams are updated in a timely manner.
• Work with our team’s graphic designer, liaise with external vendors and help manage the design, production and trafficking of branding and marketing materials, including standard organizational materials, promotional items to support sales, and seasonal campaigns.
• Assist with new business endeavors helping brainstorm new concepts, partnerships, media opportunities.
• Project manage various sponsorship deals and act as a liaison with external partners.
• Research and help build storytelling opportunities by gathering content for newsletters, social media and the website.
• Manage the work of our external vendors including PR, video, photography, and creative design firms.
• Research competitors, stay abreast of new projects and openings as well as key trends across various communication platforms, and perform regular spot checks on the accuracy of restaurant listings on digital platforms.
• Manage reporting and analysis of marketing and media campaigns and initiatives.
• Manage photo and video shoots and the company’s photography archives.
• Develop relationships with key influencers, media, and notable individuals to help further brand awareness opportunities.
• Help manage the Marketing & Communications department budget, including processing all invoices, financial reporting, and budgeting.
• Assist with calendar/meeting needs, notetaking, call agendas and recaps, and drafting thank you notes as needed.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree and 4-5 years of prior marketing and communications experience.
• Detail oriented, energetic self-starter who is able to think creatively, resourcefully and strategically with a focus on superior project management skills.
• Ability to adapt to and perform in a very fast-paced, changing environment.
• Organizational and multitasking abilities with excellent time management skills.
• Clear understanding of marketing versus communications job functions with previous experience in marketing, social media, partnerships, events, design, photography, and public relations.
• A keen and demonstrated interest in the restaurant industry, food media and culture.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal.
• Fluency in English, multilingualism will be considered an asset.
• Strong computer skills including proficiency with Microsoft Office, Adobe Creative Suite, and willingness to adapt to new digital platforms.
• Ability to:
Perform job functions with attention to detail, speed and accuracy.
Prioritize, organize and follow directions thoroughly.
Be a clear thinker, remaining calm and using sound judgment.
Work cohesively with other employees as part of a team.
Be flexible and creative with an ability to juggle multiple projects with tight deadlines.
Maintain confidentiality of media information and pertinent company data.
Ability to take direction and desire to exceed expectations.
To apply, ensure your profile has your most updated resume and answer the following questions.
1. What made you decide to apply to Gracious Hospitality Management?
2. Tell us a little about yourself and why you are the best candidate for the role.
3. How can you contribute to our team environment?
4. Do you have open availability or are there days you are unable to work? (Explain)
5. How soon can you start?